May Favourites

Wednesday 4 June 2014

It's officially summer, my absolute favourite time of year. Cue a chorus of joyful singing and celebratory dancing! As you can tell, I'm pretty excited at the prospects of embracing all that summer has to offer. And you should be excited too! Anyway, this isn't a "seize the summer" post, I'm here to talk to you about what I've been enjoying the past month. Let's get cracking!




Beauty: If you've ever visited Lush, you'll know what I mean when I say that a trip to one of their stores is a feast for the senses. From bath bombs to makeup, all of the products from Lush are handmade and smell absolutely incredible (no exaggeration). My most recent purchase there was the deliciously fragrant Creamy Candy Bubble Bar which, judging by the smell of it, is going to be amazing when I use it. This pink bundle of sweetness can be used to turn any old bath into a heavenly, bubbly, delightful treat by crumbling the Bubble Bar under the flowing water of your bath. Described as delicate vanilla candies, the Bubble Bar also has little pieces of cocoa butter inside it as well. I can't wait to use it!


Fashion: More of an accessories favourite than a fashion trend this month but as the sunny season is here, I had to feature my new retro-style shades with you. They're pretty glam with the diamantes on the arm and such a bargain from Penneys/Primark. Last year, I was all for the bright and colourful sunglasses from Penneys but this pair grabbed my eye last weekend so I just had to buy them. Penneys have really stepped up to the mark in recent years when competing with other high street stores and, even if the quality isn't at a par with the likes of Topshop, you really can't go wrong when shopping for seasonal items like casual summer dresses, playsuits and accessories. So I'm delighted with my cute new sunnies and I shall be sporting them proudly when the weather permits, or even just to keep my hair back on windy days! It's Ireland after all, isn't it?



Music: Stay With Me by Sam Smith is one of the few beautiful and meaningful songs being played on the radio at the moment. Unfortunately though, it's played among the many, many (too many) poor excuses for music consisting of two words sung on repeat for three and a half minutes wasting air time and brainwashing people into thinking that this is what music is all about. It's not. But I applaud Sam Smith for using his gorgeous voice and writing wonderful songs like this. Have a listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric